Monday 15 September 2014

Spring Cleaning

So seeing as spring is finally with us, I've decided to do a massive clear-out of my bedroom. I've just eliminated tons of old clothes from my wardrobe which are ready to go off to the Salvos. Of course, my makeup collection wasn't spared from the clean out...

Savvy Lipstick in 'Sugar Rose'
MUA Lipstick Shade 3
BOE Beauty Jumbo Wind UP Lips in 'Manic Pink'

All of these are pretty colours, but honestly, I don't reach for them. The first two have been replaced by very similar shades by MAC. I love MAC's Sweetie lipstick because its a pretty pink, similar to Sugar Rose, but a lot less frosty which I find makes it more wearable. And as for the MUA Shade 3, I posted a while back about how it was an almost dupe for MAC's Girl About Town, you can read the post here. The BOE crayon is lovely in terms of pigmentation and texture, but this colour looks like pink highlighter on my lips and I can't pull it off!

Designer Brands Van Gogh palette
BYS Diamond Shadow palette
SAVVY Graduating Bronzer
Savvy Pressed Powder

The eyeshadow palettes have not been used much at all, but they are not colours that I generally go for. I don't feel bad about throwing these out as they only cost about $5 each. With the bronzer, I don't even wear bronzer, so it seems pointless to have. And the pressed powder is okay, but the Rimmel Stay Matte powder beats the pants off it! 

Are you doing any spring cleaning of your makeup collection this month?

10 comments:

  1. this reminds me how much of a spring clean i have to do! its going to be tough with makeup because I'm such a hoarder haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been cleaning out my collection the last few months too! Threw out a couple big cheap ol'palettes that I bought years ago and kept but never got around to using! I'm glad to see you throwing things out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like we've done the same thing! I get lured into buying cheap products but then most of them end up thrown out after being barely used...

      Delete
  3. I got rid of a few things but not a lot. Mostly pressed powders, old mascaras & lip liners I never use. I find it so hard to part with lip products!!

    Melanie | Melaniface

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lip products are definitely hard to cull!

      Delete
  4. Good on you Sarah! I can't bear the thought of parting with my make up..I have eye shadows that I haven't used in years just in case I need the color in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know what you mean. But the odds of me using/needing yellow eyeshadow is unlikely....

      Delete
  5. I am brutal with spring cleaning - if I can't recall the last time I used it/wore it, it must go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am like that when it comes to clothes! I find it harder with makeup.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...