Monday 11 August 2014

FOTN: Cultural gatherings

My family is Bengali, as some of you may know, but it's not very often that I get to dress up in traditional clothing. The Bengali community had a gathering over the weekend and I wore a sari, of course it goes without saying that I had some fun with my makeup too...


Sleek Vintage Romance palette
MAC Lipstick in 'Rebel'
Elf blush in 'Berry Merry'
Ardell Demi Wispies
Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation
Mary Lou Manizer

I've used a few barely used products here. The Sleek Vintage Romance palette and MAC lipstick are ones I hardly reach for, not because I don't like them, but because I don't find them suited to everyday use for me. I love the lipstick, its such a beautiful colour and it lasted all night, through eating and drinking. The palette is also lovely, I've used the 2nd shade as the main lid colour and a mixture of the purple and black to deepen the crease/outer corner. Now as for the Ardell demi wispies, these are definitely my favourite falsies that I've ever tried! Application is easier than with others (in my opinion) and they feel light and natural to wear. 



Me and a friend rocking our sari's!

I included a full body shot so you can see my sari :)

Thanks for reading! xx

20 comments:

  1. You look beautiful!!!

    I am waiting for my friend to get married so I can wear a sari to her wedding!

    LilynotLouise | Beauty and Food

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lily! I hope your friend gets married soon so you can get your sari on :)

      Delete
  2. You look so beautiful dear!!! Love your make up!

    XOXO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my very bestest and oldest friends is Bengali, and she has the most amazing figure and skin! You're gorgeous! Love the shadows on your lids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous makeup palette! :) I have nominated you for a Leibster award. Check it out here.

    http://eclecticclash.blogspot.com.au/2014/08/the-leibster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. The shades in that makeup palette are stunning and I love your makeup xo
    http://justjessicalee.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a pretty palette! Thanks :)

      Delete
  6. Such gorgeous eye makeup! You look amazing, Sarah! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look gorgeous! Rimmel Stay matte is amazing isn't it? :)

    doitfortheirony.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a fantastic foundation and so affordable too! Thanks :)

      Delete
  8. Your sari is stunning! And you look beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mum actually picked it out for me, she did well :) and thank you!

      Delete
  9. Your Saris' are pretty!!
    + omg you rock that purple(ish) lip stick! XD
    btw, I want to invite you to join my new korean cosmetics giveaway, worth $90, open to Australian Residents!
    http://charrmyn.blogspot.com/2014/09/winter-blush-x-charrmyn-giveaway.html
    xx Charmaine

    Charrmyn || Kara Youngji Day&Night Makeup Tutorial || Korean Cosmetics Giveaway

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...