Monday 27 January 2014

January 2014 empties and cull

The month is already over! I swear it wasn't that long ago that I was celebrating the end of 2013. Anyhoo, I have a few things to show you for this month...

L-R
Sally Hansen Nail Polish Remover
Nivea Pure & Natural Night Cream
Melrose Organic Coconut Oil
Aveda Foaming Gel Cleanser and Hydrating Creme samples
Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Shampoo
Nivea Lip Butter in 'Caramel Cream'
Bioderma Sebium sample

Sally Hansen Polish Remover
This is a very good remover, but I wish the opening was smaller! I always find myself spilling it everywhere. I have repurchased 2 bottles of this because they were on sale :)

Nivea Pure and Natural Night Cream
Probably the most exciting empty of the month! I was so excited when I finished this - I finished a whole jar of cream! This is really good for dry skin and I loved it. I'd repurchase it eventually, I've got a few other creams to get through first.

Melrose Coconut Oil
Not quite empty, but I am throwing it out because its starting to go icky. Probably the best $10 I have ever spent! It lasted me well over a year. I love using this for my hair and removing eye makeup. Have repurchased.

Aveda samples
I got these from a Lust Have It! box. They smell too herbal and liquorice-y for my liking. That aside, they were decent products but they didn't blow me away or anything. I wouldn't buy full sized products because they are sooo expensive and I didn't find them to be particularly special.

Herbal Essences shampoo
This smells gorgeous and makes my hair shiny and silky. I would like to try out some of their other ranges, so I won't repurchase just yet, but I'd recommend it if you're after a budget shampoo that suits dry hair.

Nivea Lip Butter
Another sample I was excited to finish. This tub is huge and it lasted me ages. I love how yummy it tastes and its a great lip balm too. I have purchased the vanilla version because I want to give that a go but I'll probably repurchase another caramel one soon!

Bioderma Sebium sample
This is a nothing product, in my opinion. What does it even do? Is it a pre-moisturiser? It was nice to use and absorbed into my skin quickly but to be honest, it doesn't have much of a place in my skincare routine.

Swisspers Cotton Pads (not pictured)
They are good, repurchased. Not much else to say!

Phew. Now moving on to what I am culling from my collection...

I have been cleaning out my room slowly in an attempt to redecorate and declutter. As a result, I've stumbled across some ancient products that need to meet the bin...

L-R
Savvy by DB Nail Polish
Starry Lip Glow
Wet n Wild Natural Blend Lip Balm
Nair Hair Removal Cream
Models Inc Nail Polish
Maybelline Forever Strong Nail Polish
BYS Eyeshadow palette

Savvy by DB Polish
This is old and unusable.

Starry Lip Glow
Yikes, this is one of those cheapo oily lip balms that you use when you're about seven years old! I remember someone handing them out to people at work at my old job like three years ago. No point in keeping it.

Wet N Wild Lip Balm
Bought this as a 'package filler' on Beauty Joint, never really used it. It's a nice colour and a nice balm in general but it just got neglected.

Nair Hair Removal Cream
This must be about 5 years old. Nothing else needs to be said!

Models Inc Polish
Such terrible quality! It's as effective as painting your nails with milk.

Maybelline Polish
Look at it. It's time has passed.

BYS Palette
This actually isn't old at all but it is a very underwhelming product. The other BYS palettes I have are decent pigmentation but this is just terrible. No colour pay off at all. 

Well my bin is looking pretty full now! I'm pretty happy to be throwing out quite a bunch of things this month. What are you throwing out for January?

15 comments:

  1. Ooh! Nice empties! I'm not keen on liquorice scents either. :( Shame about the palette!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun! The palette was only $5 so its not a huge loss :)

      Delete
  2. I can't believe you've made it through the nivea lip butter! I think it will take ages before i've finished mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably took almost a year and a lot of generous use! It's almost like an endless tub haha

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Herbal essences Shampoo looks great, I have dry hair, should give it a try :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very creamy and moisturising for my hair :)

      Delete
  5. Oh, I have that nail polish remover and I always spill it everywhere too. hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the shampoo! Makes the hair smell AMAZING! ♥
    Haha I remember those Lip Glow glosses used to be a huge thing when I was younger :)

    High five for finishing so many products! I wanted to do an empties post but takes forever to finish something so maybe next month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep its like a tropical coconut paradise :) you should definitely do an empties post, they are always a good read! I know what you mean though, for a few months I didn't use up very much at all.

      Delete
  7. If you want to try out another herbal essences shampoo, try the one in the red bottle for long hair. I have long, dry hair and it is really moisturising and protects against dryness and split ends etc :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I've seen that one around, I might give it a go once I've used up all my current shampoos :) thanks for the recommendation!

      Delete
  8. Bioderma - was it a lotion type consistency?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it was a light lotion-like consistency. Absorbed really quickly!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...