Tuesday 21 January 2014

Dirty Works: Coconut Body Butter

Have you heard of Dirty Works yet? No?  Well, you've probably heard of Soap and Glory. Dirty Works is meant to be a copy-cat version of S&G, exclusive to Coles. I've seen a few rave reviews about some of their products, so I thought I'd do my own investigation...

Meet 'That Fiji Feeling' - the Coconut Body Butter! The tub is huge (300mL)!


On first impressions it does quite well. I love the packaging and the tub seems like a huge size for only $7. 

Ingredients list

I'm pretty impressed with the ingredients list. There are a lot of good sounding ingredients like soybean oil, shea butter, cocoa butter, sweet almond oil....yum! Exactly what my skin likes to see. 

But is it all talk? Is the product itself good?

Inside of the tub. I took these photos on a gloomy dark day so I had to go up right next to the window to get a semi-decent pic!

Upon opening, it reveals a white, almost fluffy looking tub of buttery cream. It is quite rich and smooth, applying to skin really well. It smells so awesome, just like a tropical coconut-y cocktail. The smell isn't subtle, but it's not super strong either - just right. I apply this after my night shower because I think applying during the day would interfere with my perfume. It absorbs quickly and doesn't leave any greasy residue. My skin feels sooo smooth and silky afterwards! I've been using this for a couple of days and I think I can safely say that I will use up the whole tub. It is really amazing and very well priced. If you're in the market for a new body butter AND love coconut scents, but don't want to splurge, this might be something to check out next time you do your grocery shopping :) 

Have you seen the new Dirty Work range at your local Coles yet?

12 comments:

  1. Ohhhh ! I was keen for some reviews on these products. I always find myself wondering Coles in my lunch break & these jump out at me ! I can't wait to try some :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh this looks really promising. Coconut isnt really my cup of tea lol but hopefully there will be other scents!

    ♥ M&L
    Enter our Bloggiversary Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think at this stage this one is the only body butter in the range, but there is a shimmer lotion and body scrub in a different scent, judging from the website :)

      Delete
  3. I actually bought the body butter in the other range, i haven't used it yet as i meant to buy the scrub but picked up the wrong one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I didn't know there was another body butter, I didn't see one on the Coles website! It must vary a lot from store to store. Would love to hear your thoughts on the scrub if/when you end up getting it :)

      Delete
  4. I tried the scrub and really liked it, but I have honestly tried better. But really good for the price, so I would definitely want to try this out as well! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it! I'm not sure if I would try the scrub, maybe one day when I run out of all my other scrubs haha :) xx

      Delete
  5. I spotted this while grocery shopping and thought it resembled Soap & Glory aswell haha! Definitely sounds interesting and considering my skin goes so dry during winted I'll look into this! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think it'll be a nice treat for the cooler/drier months :)

      Delete
  6. I've seen this floating around in the blogosphere and was wondering about it, so thanks for doing this review!

    http://temporaryprincess.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries, hope you found it helpful :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...