Monday 30 December 2013

December empties + end of year cull....

What have I powered through this month? A few things. But the main point of this post is to show you that I'm trying to 'clean up' my collection a bit and discard things that I haven't used in a while/don't really like etc. I found myself in two minds about throwing out some of the things that I chose, but then I realised theres no point in holding onto something I probably won't really use again.

But first, the empties...

 L-R
Nail Tek Foundation II Base Coat
Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
TIGI Urban Antidotes Conditioner
Matrix Total Results Sleek Shampoo
Sensodyne Daily Repair Toothpaste
Dettol Hand Sanitiser 
Maybelline Master Precise Liquid Liner

Nail Tek Foundation II
My HG base coat, this is awesome stuff. It dries opaque and works really well at making my polish colours seem more vibrant = less coats! It also helps to keep my nails hard and strong by preventing them from peeling so much. I will repurchase this when I use up some of my other base coats.

Do I even need to say anything about this anymore? Repurchased 2 more bottles!

TIGI Conditioner
I've had this for literally 2 years...I use conditioner at SUCH a slow rate because sometimes I use a 'deep' conditioner or I use coconut oil as a pre-wash treatment so conditioner becomes overkill. I really liked this conditioner, it smells like candy! It makes my hair incredibly smooth and soft so I will repurchase this when I'm all out of conditioner.

This was good. Just good, didn't blow me away or anything...it made my hair shiny and manageable but I did not like the smell much. It took me a year to get through this bottle because I do rotate shampoos. Probably would not repurchase as there are many other shampoos I would like to try.

Sensodyne toothpaste
Kind of a weird inclusion, but I liked this so much I had to include it. It cleans really well and really is a step above my usual boring toothpaste. This is a sample size that I received when I went to a presentation by GSK for work and I have since purchased the full size.

Dettol Hand Sanitiser
Another weird inclusion but I rely on this stuff so much! Repurchased.

Maybelline Master Precise Liner
Hmm...everyone raves about this liner and yeah it's good buuut I like my Face of Australia Liquid Liner better (plus, its cheaper!). It wasn't a bad eyeliner but the FOA liner is more 'liquidy' whereas this is more like a marker pen. Different strokes for different folks.

Right, empties done! Moving on to what I am discarding as an end of year cull...

L-R
Nivea Glamourous Gloss
NYX Lipstick in 'Tea Rose'
Nivea Natural Volume
MUA Shade 7 lipstick
Boe Beauty Lip Lacquer
Revlon Just Bitten Lipstain

Nivea Glamorous Gloss
Am throwing this out because it is over 2 years old. I did like it, it smelt nice and gave a natural gloss look without being sticky. I am not sure if it even exists anymore but I would consider rebuying it in the future.

NYX Lipstick
Love the formula, hate the colour. I bought this online quite some time ago and upon discovering the colour didn't suit me, it was placed in my 'reject box' - the products that I didn't use but hoped one day I might use it. I would like to try some other NYX lipsticks; now that NYX is at Target it will be easier for me to find a good shade.

Nivea Natural Volume Gloss
Again, another old product to get rid of. I really loved this one because it had a gorgeous peachy colour and for a while it would always be in my purse for a night out. Maybe I'll buy it again one day.

MUA Lipstick
The twist up mechanism was broken when I received it which already made it a pain from day 1, but the colour doesn't look good on me either. It's a salmon colour which doesn't suit my darker complexion. When I wore it, I always added a coloured gloss or something else to it. But it is too much effort and I never use it anymore so seeya later. 

Boe Beauty lipgloss
Pretty, cheap, convenient - but SO STICKY! Nonono. However, as a saving grace, Boe have released some awesome lip crayons and matte lip creams so I'll try those out. 

Revlon Just Bitten Lipstain
You would have seen this and the previous lippy in a previous post about products I hate. So why did I still keep these? Well, everything deserves a second chance and I don't like to throw out something that I spent my hard earned cash on. This lipstain is awful and not cheap either ($18ish?) and it was a complete waste. 

Clinique GWP Eyeshadow duo
Australis Creme Blush
Essence Nail Polish
Boe Beauty Bronzer

Clinique Eyeshadow Duo
I don't remember where I got this - it may have been passed on to me from someone else. It's been sitting around for ages and the colours don't suit me at all.

Australis Creme Blush
An old product that needs to go. I did not like this much, it smelt like lavender which I dislike and the colour pay-off wasn't great.

Essence Nail Polish
It's not really a very interesting colour, I don't know why I bought it in the first place. Will pass on to someone else.

Boe Beauty Bronzer
I don't really use bronzer and I have two other ones. This one was only $2 and it's not a bad product, it's just not something I use. 

Phew, what a lot of stuff I am chucking out as the year ends! Are you doing an end of year cull?

6 comments:

  1. You're being so good with getting rid of old makeup! I'm so not good at doing that when I really should. :( At least I'm using up a lot of samples and body products!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks - the way I see it, the more I get rid of, the more new stuff I can buy, right?! Using up samples is still good though! I have so many sitting around.

      Delete
  2. I'm also including a heap of products that I will never use again in my empties post {when I finish it! :P}... why do we insist on putting it at the back of the cupboard? I'm ashamed of how long some of my stuff has been back there, and I still didn't toss it all! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, I think some of us are makeup hoarders. I'll keep an eye out for your post, good luck with your cull :D

      Delete
  3. thanks for sharing. I've always been curious about the Matrix Shampoos but good to know they're not as hyped up as they are! happy 2014 hun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its decent but not HG material for me! Happy new year :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...