Sunday 14 July 2013

My Illuminator collection

I've seen quite a few makeup collection posts lately, and I have to say, they are probably some of my favourite types of posts. I love having a peek into what others are using, and staring in awe at some huge collections. I've been wanting to do a collection post, but I buy things at such a rapid rate, the posts would quickly become outdated.

I decided on doing an illuminator collection post, because I don't buy these very often and my collection is fairly stable. So let's see what ones I own...


 L'Oreal Touch On Colour in Cashmere Rose
Face of Australia Mineral Therapy Illuminator in Angel Blush
Face of Australia Mineral Therapy Illuminator in Angel Glow
Face of Australia Mineral Therapy Illuminator in Angel Mist
Face of Australia Mineral Therapy Illuminator in Angel Flame
Benefit Girl Meets Pearl (travel size)

As above


 Swatched in same order as above

 Close up swatches
 L'Oreal Touch On Colour in Cashmere Rose
Face of Australia Mineral Therapy Illuminator in Angel Blush
Face of Australia Mineral Therapy Illuminator in Angel Glow

Close up swatches
 Face of Australia Mineral Therapy Illuminator in Angel Mist
Face of Australia Mineral Therapy Illuminator in Angel Flame
Benefit Girl Meets Pearl (travel size)

L'Oreal Touch On Colour in Cashmere Rose
I really like the texture of this one. It feels like a powder initially, but once you put a bit more force on your finger, it becomes a cream. It took me a few uses to actually work this out. This is an excellent highlight colour for my skin tone and was actually the first highlighter I bought. I think this may be discontinued, but I still see them floating around on eBay. 

Face of Australia Mineral Therapy Illuminator in Angel Blush
This was the first FOA illuminator I bought, and obviously I liked it because I went back and bought the rest...oops. This is my favourite of the four, its a gorgeous light pink with shimmer. You can see in the photo that I've got them upside down...that is how I choose to store them, storing them the right way (lid down) makes it really messy when you unscrew the lid, it ends up everywhere. I've done a post on this and a few others, which you can read here

Face of Australia Mineral Therapy Illuminator in Angel Glow
I don't use this as an illuminator, but it works quite well as a bronzer. I haven't touched it this winter, because I avoid bronzer in winter.

Face of Australia Mineral Therapy Illuminator in Angel Mist
This one is really pretty, but I can only use a tiny little bit. I think the white/silvery undertones probably aren't the best match for my skin tone, so I have to be careful not to overdo it. I find this one can be a bit difficult to blend in (as in, you can see where it has been applied), but its not a huge issue.

Face of Australia Mineral Therapy Illuminator in Angel Flame
I feel like this colour should be a cream blush or something. This one is the most shimmery of the lot, so as much as I would love to use it a blush, I have to be careful. 

Benefit Girl Meets Pearl (travel size)
I first saw this swatched on Sarah's blog, on her highlighter collection post and I loved how pretty it looked, a unique pinky-gold colour. I chose to buy a travel size, because I'm pretty sure I'll never be able to finish a full sized illuminator anyway! (unless I want to coat myself in it and be an Edward Cullen groupie). This looks super flattering with a pink blush. 

Have you got any of these illuminators? What are your favourite illuminators/highlighters?


4 comments:

  1. I love the look of the face of Australia illuminators! Xx

    http://jasminecara.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're amazing and great value too! I'd recommend them :)

      Delete
  2. That is quite a collection! I'm using Bobby Brown's shimmer brick at the moment as a highlighter.

    Join the Little Alchemist giveaway on my blog now: http://www.underlockandkeyblog.com/2013/07/the-little-alchemist-review-and-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? I thought my collection was relatively small haha. I've been eyeing the Bobbi Brown one off but I just can't justify the price.

      Thanks for the giveaway link - two steps ahead of you, I already entered a few days ago :P

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...