Friday 5 July 2013

Clearasil Vitamins & Extracts Scrub

I was asked if I would like to trial the Clearasil Vitamin & Extracts Scrub* (a facial cleanser) and I was pretty excited - having previously tried the face wash in the new Vitamins & Extracts range and finding it to be a skin care gem, I definitely had to give the scrub a go. 



What it claims: 'cleanses and exfoliates to keep skin clear...using a balance of effective cleansing and kind to skin ingredients'

As I have already mentioned, I have used the face wash and I really liked it. As for the scrub, the same holds true. It comes in a handy upside-down tube, as you can see above, which I think is the best form of packaging for skin care because it means you can get a lot more out of it!

Squeezed out a small amount of the scrub

The scrub itself has an interesting consistency - it actually reminds me of toothpaste, but not in a bad way. I like that it doesn't contain too many exfoliating beads because I honestly don't like the feeling of scrubbing sand all over my face. The beads are good because they aren't too abrasive but still feel like they can scrub off dead skin without leaving your skin red raw. I wet my face with water, then apply the scrub to my face and wash off after a few minutes (usually in the shower). Fresh, smooth skin!

And the smell! I love love LOVE the way it smells, its hard to explain but it smells a bit like apples. I want to eat it, but luckily I can read and have read the 'for external use only' warning ;)

After washing off, I find that my skin feels smooth and fresh, and not dried out at all. The way I test if my skin has been dried out by a product is to smile, if my skin feels tight then this is no good. Luckily, this doesn't happen with the scrub!

I then apply moisturiser, either a daytime one or a heavier night cream. I've been using this once a day, usually in the morning, and I've found that my skin is looking really clear and smooth. I can even skip wearing foundation/powder on my face which is a huge bonus!

Have you tried this scrub? Does it sound like something you would be interested in using?

For more information about Clearasil products, have a look at the following links:

http://www.clearasil.com.au/skin-care-guide.php
http://www.clearasil.com.au/washes

*this product was kindly provided for my consideration. It has been reviewed in accordance with my disclosure policy and is completely honest.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't used Clearasil products for years. Glad this one works so well for you!

    PS: Enter the Cosima Skincare giveaway today: http://www.underlockandkeyblog.com/2013/07/cosima-organic-skincare-review-and.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually I only started using them after I was offered to trial a few for beautyheaven last year and I've been quite impressed. Thanks, I will check out the giveaway :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...