Friday 15 February 2013

Matrix Total Results 'Sleek' Shampoo review

I was initially looking for the Sleek look shampoo by Matrix (in the orange bottle) which was highly recommended by a YouTube beauty guru Farah Dhukai, but after realising that it had been discontinued, I purchased it's replacement - the Total Results Sleek shampoo. 

I was a bit hesitant at first as the reviews are quite mixed, many saying that the old formulation was much better. But as the price seemed good, I decided to give it a go. RRP is something around $15 but I bought it from beautybay.com for $5-6. 

Matrix Total Results Sleek Shampoo - 300mL

First of all, the bottle itself is tall and well, sleek looking. This makes it easy to grab in the shower. The clasp lid is fairly sturdy but I always manage to break shampoo lids off by knocking bottles over. 

The shampoo is white and quite creamy in consistency. It has a mild smell that I would describe as soapy - I'm not a huge fan of the smell but it's not overpowering so I can deal with that. The shampoo lathers really well and a small amount goes a long way as it cleanses very well. I have no product build up from using this.

The main reason I love this shampoo is because it leaves my hair super shiny and sleek (true to its name). It has been quite humid here over the past week and I feel that my hair is less frizzy than it would be normally. 

Overall, I'm very happy with this amazing shampoo. If this is supposedly a downgrade from it's ancestor Sleek look, then I wish I had jumped on the Matrix bandwagon earlier!

Have you tried any Matrix shampoos? Do you have a HG shampoo or do you like to try new ones?

2 comments:

  1. I hear so many good things about them! Next time I'm in boots i might be getting it!

    http://rinasbeautyrinas.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it! If you do, I'd love to hear your thoughts :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...