Monday 21 January 2013

Elf Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder - St. Lucia

So I've heard this is a dupe for the NARS Orgasm/Laguna duo, but that's not the reason I bought it. I was after an affordable contour duo that I could try out. I don't own the NARS duo so I'm not going to compare the two.

In the states, this retails for around $3-4. I purchased this for $10 roughly (shipping included) from eBay. 

Was it worth it? I'm leaning towards a no...


The box


Is this really a dupe for the NARS duo?

What I DO like:
The packaging is really good. It's slim and compact. The mirror is HUGE. You get 8g of product.
The bronzer is quite pigmented.
The blush is a nice peachy colour.
So far, I haven't found it to create a powdery mess.

What I DON'T like:
The blush is not very pigmented and looks nicer in the pan.
The bronzer is very dark and I'm not sure if it is suitable for me. I'm not sure of my exact MAC shade but I'd say that right now I'm looking like a NW35. Beware, pale ladies. 


The blush does contain some shimmers. The bronzer does too, but less so.


Swatched on my arm. Uhh...blush where you at? It seems to disappear on my skin. However, the bronzer seems to look darker than it does in the pan?!


I'm going to try and make this work for me, as I really like the concept of it. 

Have you tried this duo?

2 comments:

  1. Hello Sarah! New follower here;) I think this duo is pretty good for its price, it's not the best, but I like the bronzer. Do you use any other Elf products? If you have time check/follow my blog,
    xoxo Nika

    http://makeupbysparkle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Nika! Thanks for following. I really like your blog and am following you now :)

      I agree with you about the price. The bronzer is decent! But to be honest, I've barely even used this duo :S I don't have many other ELF products, but I do own one of their studio blushes (Berry Merry)which I ADORE and use all the time :) xo

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...