Wednesday 12 December 2012

MUA lipstick shade 7 & Nectar

If you're a makeup fan, no doubt you'll know about UK makeup brand Make Up Academy (MUA). If not, I suggest you check them out right away!

I took advantage of the 35k offer and picked up a few things including some lipsticks. 

These remind me a LOT of the Rimmel Lasting Finish lipsticks. They have a similar vanilla type smell and lasting power seems the same. With the MUA lipsticks, I'd say I probably get about 2 hours wear out of them, which I think is okay because I love reapplying lipstick! The packaging of them is really great too, I like the 'fat' tube and it doesn't look cheap. And they have the secret twist-off pot at the bottom, to help you get an idea of the colour. You'll need a brush to use this though. 




Above: Shade 7. Here is my poor attempt at describing the colour: almost like a peachy salmon pink, it has a hint of coral to it. Seems like a wearable, everyday colour.



Above: Nectar. I expected this to be a coral colour, based on swatches but eeek its more like a neon orange. Or maybe I'm just scared of colour, that's also possible. It's a bold coral/orange colour and I have NO idea what other makeup I would wear with it. 


Have you tried any MUA lipsticks? 
Also, currently (12th Dec 2012) they have a 40% discount on their site, have a look if you're interested!

2 comments:

  1. I bought Nectar thinking it would be a beautiful coral, but on me it looks fluro! At least I only spent 65p on it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks like a fluro colour on me too :( but like you said, not a huge loss!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...