Friday 7 September 2012

Revlon Colorburst Lipsticks - the quest for my neutral shade


I have been searching for quite some time for a shade that is similar to my lips. I'm not using the term 'nude' because to me that means something like the typical skin tone shade, so I'll say 'neutral', as my skin is a little darker. 


Searching through some blogs, I came across two Revlon Colorburst lipsticks that could potentially fulfil this role - Soft Rose (#40) and Rosy Nude (#65).




How adorable is the case! The quilted front makes this packaging a favourite for me across lipsticks.



Left: Soft Rose 
Right: Rosy Nude

The difference is hard to spot here, but Rosy Nude is more brown whereas Soft Rose is pink.


Left: Soft Rose
Right: Rosy Nude


No flash. You can see Soft Rose has more of a pink tone, and again, Rosy Nude appears more brown. These lipsticks are very pigmented! You definitely get bang for your buck here. 




And here is a side-by-side comparison on my lips (both taken with flash). Again, you can see Soft Rose is a warm pink with Rosy Nude being less so and more 'neutral'.
If you've used Revlon Colorburst, you'll know that the formula is deliciously creamy and easily buildable. I can't think of any negatives, except for the fact that they're so good I want to buy lots and make myself poor. 

Conclusion: They're both gorgeous colours, but for the purpose of this quest - Rosy Nude wins as being the more neutral, every day lip colour!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...